Christian’s Church, Copenhagen

Christian’s Church (Danish: Christians Kirke) is a magnificent Rococo church in the Christianshavn district of Copenhagen, Denmark. Designed by Nicolai Eigtved, it was built 1754–59.

The church was originally built by the German community as a church for the large German community at Christianshavn and served this purpose until the end of the 19th century. Today it is a regular parish church for Christian’s Parish within the Danish National Church. Its name is a reference to King Christian IV. who founded the Christianshavn district in 1611.